close
close

Chelsea’s Tuchel is told not to play ahead of Everton opener | football | Sports

Marcus Alonso has reportedly asked Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel not to pick him for the Blues’ Premier League season opener against Everton on Saturday. The Spanish left-back remains the subject of intense interest from Barcelona, ​​with the struggling Catalan club reportedly in talks and pushing to sign the defender this summer.

Alonso has made no secret of his desire to join the La Liga giants in the current window and with Chelsea now recruiting his replacement in Marc Cucurella, the 31-year-old seems closer to his wish than ever.

The defender also seems to have played his last game for the Blues after reports revealed he has no interest in taking part in his current side’s Premier League clash with Everton this weekend.

According to Sport, Alonso has revealed to Tuchel that he prefers not to play the Toffees at Goodison Park on Saturday night.

The Spanish broadcaster have clarified that while the left-back has not declined to play, they have asked that he not be called up for selection.

DO NOT MISS: De Jong ‘in dispute with agent’ as Chelsea match Man Utd bids

While Alonso appears destined to leave for Barcelona this summer, the same can no longer be said of fellow Chelsea player Cesar Azpilicueta.

The Blues captain was another to be on the Blaugrana’s radar but speculation about the 32-year-old swapping Stamford Bridge for the Nou Camp has been put to bed after he committed his future to the west London club , by writing a new double pack. Annual offer last week.

Alonso, who went through the academy of Barcelona’s bitter rivals Real Madrid, joined Chelsea in 2016 in a deal worth around £24million from Serie A’s Fiorentina. The nine-time Spain international has played over 200 games for the Blues and picked up six major honors in west London, including a Premier League title and a Champions League crown.

While Alonso appears destined to leave for Barcelona this summer, the same can no longer be said of fellow Chelsea player Cesar Azpilicueta. The Blues captain was another to be on the Blaugrana’s radar but speculation about the 32-year-old swapping Stamford Bridge for the Nou Camp has been put to bed after he committed his future to the west London club , by writing a new double pack. Annual offer last week.

CONTINUE READING
Chelsea ‘get green light’ from second defensive goal in timely Tuchel transfer boost
Chelsea ‘internally discussing offer of a midfielder’ to Leicester in Wesley Fofana’s swap offer
Chelsea target Wesley Fofana flirting with mysterious Instagram activity

Should Alonso join Barcelona in the coming weeks, he may have to wait for his league debut.

Barcelona remain mired in a crippling financial crisis which currently prevents them from registering their numerous summer signings with La Liga.

Xavi has already added Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde to his squad in mega-money deals, while Franck Kessie and Alonso’s former Chelsea team-mate Andreas Christensen have also joined on free transfers.

Barcelona need to significantly reduce the club’s wage costs before the plethora of new stars will be eligible to represent the club in La Liga.

Leave a Comment