close
close

Liverpool’s Sadio Mane says he’ll do what the Senegalese want as polls suggest they want him to leave | football news

Sadio Mane has said he will do what the Senegalese people want when deciding his future.

Mane has 12 months left on his current contract and has emerged as a summer transfer target for Bayern Munich, with the Bundesliga champions preparing an offer and a three-year deal for the Liverpool striker.

Mane tells Sky sports news ahead of last week’s Champions League final that he would decide his future after losing to Real Madrid. And the 28-year-old has now broken his silence at a press conference ahead of Senegal’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin.

Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane
Picture:
Mohamed Salah and Mane both have 12 months left on their contract

Asked for his response to a poll about his future, Mane said: “Like everyone else, I’m on social media and see the comments. Isn’t it between 60 and 70 percent of Senegalese who want me to leave Liverpool? ?

“I’ll do what you want. We’ll see soon! Don’t be in a hurry because we’ll see this together.”

Manager Jürgen Klopp was asked about the Bayern rumors at his pre-match press conference in Paris and replied non-bindingly.

“Wherever Sadio plays next year, he’s going to be a great player,” said the Reds manager.

Heaven Germany report that Bayern are offering Liverpool €30m plus between €5m and €10m in bonus payments, giving Mane a contract until the summer of 2025.

However, Liverpool would want more than the €30m to consider a deal.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Vinny O’Connor said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was “relaxed” as he answered questions about Sadio Mane’s future at the club ahead of the Champions League final

Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has made Mane the top priority on his transfer list and met with his representatives this month to formalize the interest.

Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with Mane but Kylian Mbappe’s contract extension and Leonardo’s possible departure as sporting director mean the club is unlikely to have the financial leeway to complete a deal.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Mohamed Salah revealed his plans for next season as the Egyptian prepares for Saturday’s Champions League final against Real Madrid.

Mane isn’t the only contract issue Liverpool will have to resolve this summer as fellow strikers Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino – who make up the rest of the famous front three – also enter their final 12 months.

However, ahead of the Champions League final, Salah confirmed he will be at Liverpool next season. The Premier League Golden Boot co-winner has repeatedly said publicly that he would like to stay at Anfield beyond his current contract.

Salah said in a press conference: “In my eyes, I’m not focused on the contract. I don’t want to be selfish at all. I said two months ago that it’s about the team. It’s an important week for us. . I want to Don’t talk about the contract now, I’ll definitely be staying next season, that’s clear.”

Liverpool transfers

Liverpool summer transfer plans analysed

What positions are Liverpool aiming for in the summer transfer window? What did Jurgen Klopp say? And what do the statistics say?

Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports

Who will be on the road this summer when the transfer window opens? June 10th and closes 11 am on September 1st

Stay up to date with the latest transfer news and rumors on our dedicated Transfer Center blog Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also find out about the ins, outs and analysis Sky sports news.

Leave a Comment